- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 cups dry egg noodles
- 2 10.5-oz cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 large carrots, peeled and dices
- 1 pound fresh ahi tuna loin, cubed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 2-quart ovenproof dish or Dutch oven with melted butter.
- Cook egg noodles in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until "al dente," 6 to 8 minutes. When ready, drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked noodles, condensed soup, milk, peas, carrots, tuna, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; thoroughly stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared dish. Bake until tuna is cooked through and the casserole is piping hot, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Kris Allen recommends:
Falesco Tellus Chardonnay, imported frrom Umbria, Italy, with your Tuna (Ahi Tuna) Noodle Casserole recipe.
This Chardonnay is unoaked, aged in stainless steel tanks that bring out the citric fruits of lemon and orange peel. Bright tree fruit on the palate is dominated by crisp apples. There is a full-bodied finish with moderate acidity and a round, full mouthful.
The bright fruit on this Chardonnay will stand up to the cream and accompaniment to the Ahi Tuna.
Enjoy! Take the time to know good wine. Cheers!