- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil. Coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until thickened and glossy, about 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Spread into prepared pan, and refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; discard foil. Cut fudge into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Kris Allen recommends:
Geyser Peak Walking Tree Cabernet Sauvignon from Alexander Valley, Sonoma Country, California, with our Cranberry Fudge.
This wine is striking with its medium-dark color. That leasds to aromas of blackberries, ripe strawberries, and dry rose petals. On the palate, there is a silky, creamy mouthfeel that nicely counters the medium/big structure of this wine.
Try this wine first by itself and then take a bit of the Cranberry Fudge; take a sip and watch the flavor profile of the wine change. So cool with big cherry notes.
Enjoy! Take the time to know good wine. Cheers!